Friday, March 23, 2012

"Two Peppers" --- Sold



With my recent small painting exercises, I have been trying to involve objects I have not painted or not often enough. I am taking baby steps so I will not get lost. Last one was green grapes, and this one peppers. Gradually I will cover all the objects I would like to paint. In general, I can paint anything I want. They are all shapes, values, and colors. However, if I don't do it, I would not know the characteristics of a specific object. In addition, I will learn pros and cons of using one type of objects for composition and designs in the future. For this painting, I didn't care too much about my artistic ideas (I used to do that a lot). I just want my brush work to show pepperiness. 

6 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the pepperiness of this. ha! Made me laugh. But...I also like the contrast of the sharp knife to the rounded pepper shapes. Great reflection on the knife too.

- said...

Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your command on Still life, your style, impressionist treatment is ultimate. Lovely paintings....

Sunny Avocado Art said...

They look like very happy peppers. I guess they don't see the knife. Ha ha! Beautiful work!

Susan Roux said...

Wow, keeping the sharpest edges for the knife! This really gets to the point!

window dressing said...

I love that your brushstrokes are so perfectly done that you can feel the texture of the pepper. I can visually see all the bumps of the orange pepper. Beautiful.