I laughed when I read my own post I did two days ago. I was trying to say that I did a wash with “burnt umber and a lot of Gamsol” (a painting medium by Gamblin), but my computer is so smart and got its own mind. It changed “Gamsol” to “gambol” without letting me know. Did I paint with “a lot of gambol”? Maybe I did. As matter of fact, it would be even better if the computer wrote “I did a wash with a lot of gumbo”.
Well, my today’s painting really looks that “I did a wash with a lot of gumbo”. It was done last night after a whole day of doing more “important” things: preparing data for the tax return, booking travel for next workshop, getting toner for the printer, modify my workshop presentation, printing out hundreds of handouts to my students, packing all my stuff for my Vermont trip.... to name a few. I was total exhausted in the evening, but I still decided to paint. Well, the result was not what I expected, but I share it with you anyway.
Now I am on the plane from Dallas to Hartford. So I have a little more time to write. If you see any errors in my writing, it must be my computer interfered, not because I don’t know English good.