Monday, June 30, 2014

"Wuzhen Street 1 (Day 2)"

The second day went well. Now the painting look like this. I am not far from finishing it. On the foundation of yesterday's value design, I added more color. I put more designs on opacity and temperature. The warm and cool are very similar to what I did with the dual light source still lives before this project. In addition I want parts of the painting remain transparent and other parts I painted opaque. After establishing all those painting elements. I went further for more geometric design, which is balance of 2D shapes, lines, and dots. I did not add much details to make the painting more realistic. The only realistic part of the this painting is that I want to make sure the perspective is correct. That is it. Other part of the painting, I want to leave it to the viewers to figure out what is going on. I am not very sure what I should do tomorrow. Maybe enhance the color a little more.

1 comment:

D. MEYER said...

Love the city scapes! Do more of them...always fun to see... :)