Tuesday, January 28, 2014

“Morning in Zhouzhuang (Day 2)"



With this painting, I need to deal with many unknowns. The color scheme is cool and high key. I do most of my paintings with warm and low key, so I have stepped into the total opposite of my comfort zone. I chose this color scheme is not simply because it is different and new. I think I have seen new opportunities. The two days with Huihan Liu at the Scottsdale Artists School have turned on a few light bulbs in my mind.

I think you start to see the painting now. I have developed the center of focus today. and try to manipulate the purple and turquoise colors in the background. I want to see if I can involve some Impressionistic colors to the painting.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like the cool colors...it makes the woman who is warm....REALLY PoP!

Karen Werner said...

It is already so beautiful! You are amazing.