Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Vibrant" --- Sold


After my previous post, I have received many emails and comments from you. I am really really touched when I read your messages. Many of you shared similar experiences, and providing helpful tips and information of remedies. Thank you all very very much. I have started stretching and other exercises. At this moment, the pain is still with me, but I feel it is much more bearable now.
Positively speaking, this painful experience did open up new avenues for art. I painted this painting 100% left-handed. I highly recommend that you give a try as well if you want to loose up. My clumsy left hand brought me some good surprises.

9 comments:

Dar Presto said...

this is really great! I'll bet you can paint well even if you were blindfolded, holding the brush with your toes. get well soon.

Unknown said...

Your paintings are exquisite. I am inspired to paint left handed!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

what a fresh beautiful painting

Pamela Nichols said...

I like the brightness of this one. Good title!

Ann Reyes said...

Beautiful painting!!! I love the painterly style and the glowing colors.

Dianne Mize said...

Qiang, I hope you get that shoulder repaired before it gets impossible, though your left hand serves you amazingly well. I, too, had a bad right shoulder which eventually required surgery. I found that my left hand had a lot to teach me. That was four years ago. Even today I alternate between right and left hands. But don't we wish pain weren't the reason to discover our left hand DOES know what our right hand is doing.

Candy Barr said...

Bravo Quing for your undaunted perseverance with the LEFT hand! The freshness of this painting has its own remarkable reward. It's the process and doing it that's important. And good for you to tackle the PT as well. Speedy recovery, but keep up the left hand painting as well! Maybe another blog on Lefty...LOL!

Holly Van Hart said...

"Vibrant" is the perfect name for this piece. the colors simply sing. it's gorgeous!

LynnBlossom said...

I really like this painting. Your left hand is just as talented as your right hand. In art class someone suggested I paint left handed, and at first it felt very awkward, but the result was surprisingly refreshing. I haven't painted in a while, but you have inspired me to take it up again. I'll be back.

Thank you.
Lynn