Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Afternoon Light" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Now is my experiment time again. This is a small study I did from a photo I took in China. It is a small village called Tong-Li. Based on my previous research on grays, palette knife work, and investigation on Tibor Nagy's painting style, I am trying to figure out a procedure I can apply quickly on my plein air activities. This small painting hardly have any colors. It is predominately a value design. Landscape painting has much more freedom compared with still life paintings. There are so many abstract shapes in this painting. However, obtaining this freedom is not easy. I have spent two days on this 5" x 7".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the touches of blue and the warm tones that pull your eye through the painting.

Karen Eade said...

This is very evocative and mysterious. I don't understand how you spend 2 days on a 5x7. If I did that I would have a horrible muddy mess. Do you consider each and every brush stroke? Or do you wipe off and re-paint several times?

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Design work in this is stupendous...I can travel in and thru the painting time and again without boredom. Wish I could afford this one!

Karen Werner said...

Lovely painting. Beautiful neutrals. I love it.