Monday, May 2, 2011

“Newton's Apple" --- Sold

Last Saturday I went to Marble Falls, TX. The Riverbend Fine Art Gallery was hosting the reception of a 3-man show of Rusty Jones, Bob Rohm, and me. All three of us did demos that day. This is my demo painting. Since I am working on leaves, I included some of them in my setup. I placed a red apple right under the leaves, and it feels like the apple has fallen right off the branch. It reminds me the story that Isaac Newton discovered the gravity because an apple fell on his head. So I named the painting: Newton's Apple.

This 3-man show is a new milestone to me. This is the first time I have shown relatively many paintings with a small group of artists. I met quite a few new friends and really had a lot fun at this beautiful Texas Hill Country town. I want to thank Marta Stafford for organizing this event. I want to thank all my collectors for their support.

6 comments:

Pragya Tiwari said...

Simple and beautiful! I love how you paint leaves. I have been trying to paint leaves and they are driving me crazy ! :)
Congratulations on the 3-man show!

Pam Perras said...

Congratulations on your 3-man show and on successfully studying leaves! Very nice.

brianleepainter said...

Congratulations on your big success at the "Three Man Show" at Riverbend. I very much enjoyed viewing your demo and also in having a chance to talk with you about painting. Thanks!

MeeLi Lee said...

Congratulations on the "Three Man Show"! May you have much success.

Your leaves look great~

Diane Hoeptner said...

Congratulations Qiang! May you have a sold out show!!

Jo Castillo said...

This is a great painting ... as usual! Congratulations on the show and I, too, hope it sells out!