Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Demo at Magnolia 2" --- Sold

This painting was my second demo at the Magnolia workshop. You probably noticed I use more and more complete dark background recently. I got a little bored with my dark triangle on the left corner type of background design. I think you may get bored as well. You are experiencing the growing process of my art. At the beginning, I didn’t know what I was doing. I simply just paint. Then I developed some comfort zones. So you see similar paintings. I did stay in those comfort zones for a while so I could adjust the fine structures. Now I think I am in the third stage of growing. I come out from my comfort zones and explore new possibilities. We may experience together that my painting quality could have some fluctuations, but it is natural. We have to go through the growing pain.

6 comments:

Bev Boren said...

Another beauty!

silentwitness said...

What amazing lights and reflected light. Totally beautiful painting. The growing pains seem to be leading you to new heights! Thank you for let us participate in this journey.

Kim Carlton said...

If you didn't tell us about the pains, we would never guess! Always excellent.
(We are encouraged by your sharing, though!)

Pam Holnback said...

As always, a beautiful painting.

Anita Tresslar said...

Lovely colors in the white cloth.

Linda Mitchell said...

This is exquisite.