Monday, June 11, 2012

"Raven (Day 3)"

I want thank all of you who have commented on my yesterday's post. I love the synergy and felt so fortunate to have it. It is a good "omen" (I learned this word from my son) for my future success. I really appreciate it.

On the third day, I worked on her legs and feet. I have to extend them quite longer to make the proportion correct. I have spent much longer time painting her feet than doing her face, because I have not painted enough feet. I have to do many more hands and feet before I feel comfortable to figure painting. The color in the form shadow area are much cooler because I have light coming from a window on the right. Now the figure has been presented in general. I will work on the background to enhance the design. I have looked many figure paintings done by Pino. I think I can reference some of his approaches to make this painting more exciting.

8 comments:

Connie Nobbe said...

This is so beautiful! It's like you have been painting the figure for years!

Kico Twombly said...

It's absolutely beautifull!!

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Love 'watching' you work!

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Me too! :^D

Donna C Farrell said...

What a treat to see this one develop;just beautiful! I too have been an admirer of Pino for many years, so sad to loose him.

Barbara Pask said...

This is beautiful work Qiang, you do an amazing job on every subject that you tackle.

Sergio DS said...

Great paintings, I often visit you, please to be your 1231 follower.
:)

ShanePaintsMaine said...

Well done, congratulations!