Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Ginkgo Leaves" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Today I don't have class at AAU, but I went to the studio anyway.  I did this small daily from a photo. If you follow my blog, you maybe remember when I was in China last fall, I posted quite a few photos. One of them was my father holding a small teak pot. Well this is the pot in my painting today. As a matter of fact, this setup was arranged by my father. I snap shot his design and finally did a painting with it. The ginkgo tree was showing beautiful colors at that time, it gives a wonderful texture in this painting.

I know my small daily paintings are quite sporadic nowadays, but I will try to keep it going.

2 comments:

Rajeev Mohan said...

Beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful time at the University.

ann stoker - Lincoln UK said...

Qiang, this is a stunning painting...the colours sing!