Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Head Study 062312"

This is my first weekend at AAU. My friend Fongwei Liu took me out the student dorm. I will spent a couple of days in his place. It happened to a be his open studio day today. We had a wonderful male model. Fongwei, myself, and two wonderful bay area artists painted together. To keep the continuity of my study at AAU. I still work on monochromatic paintings. I feel a little better than my previous portrait at AAU. The drawing part is relatively easy so I spend most of my time working on modeling. This painting is 11" x 14". I spent about 5 hours on it.

8 comments:

silentwitness said...

Very nice, timeless feeling to this and lots of expressive movement. Love it! This background recedes nicely even though the value contrast is not high. Would love to hear your thoughts on how you achieved such believable depth. And I am glad that you and Fongwei Liu are great friends!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!

Maria Randolph said...

This is awesome! You've achieved such depth and mood with this. Love it!

adebanji said...

Fantastic!

Pragya Tiwari said...

Stunning!

Millie said...

You're so talented, and lucky to have friends like Fong Wei Liu and ZhaoMing Hu. They will help you to achieve your goal even faster.

Unknown said...

Your figure drawing is very good. I also attend Academy of Art. I began taking online class last semester.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.