Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"AAU Figure Painting Homework 1 (Day 1)"

Today is Wednesday, and I don't have any class. I went to the studio anyway because I have homework to do. For the figure painting class we need to paint two large paintings from photos we take . This is the largest figure painting I have ever done. The size is 24" x 36". It felt very different from doing 5" x 7", which I do most of the time before. I used a projector projecting my photo on the wall so I could measure. The pose was rather standard, so I didn't have much of problem getting the proportion and anatomy correctly. Then I practiced my recently obtained modeling skills making the 3D form. I painted 7 hours today. I maybe at the half way point now. I will finish this homework over the weekend.

5 comments:

Sergio DS said...

Magnific "standard", standard but not usual.
Great painting!

Barbara Pask said...

Very very nice Qiang.

Olga Wagner said...

I am intrigued by your color palette on these figure paintings. What colors are you using?

Thanks, Olga

northierthanthou said...

Wow, her muscles are coming through wonderfully!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Lovely work. It is quite nice just the way it is, half-finished. Great model, too.

My hat's off to you for switching so easily from little to large. I find that really disorienting unless I'm working from life.