Sunday, June 30, 2019

"The Night at Wayne" --- Sold


First, Let's talk about art. This is a bad photo, but it is kind of interesting. This is my 3rd nocturne painting ever. I brought a portable light this time, but I did not realize how fast the battery fades. It was a good experience. Even under the fading light, the painting glowed in the dark night. I start to like nocturne plein air gradually.

Secondly, Let's talk about life. It is sort of like this painting: dark and fuzzy. Now we have closed our new house. The bank is empty, and I cross my finger for the future gamble. I hope it will rent fast so it pays its mortgage, insurance, and tax. The reason I don't like this main stream lifestyle is that it is totally out of control. Your fate is at the mercy of the "outside". If the "outside" says I don't like your countertop, you better change it. If "outside" says I want your arm and leg for the tax, you better give it. Just like Thoreau, I turn my direction to the woods. I love building my "Off-the-Grid" place. I experienced the entire process of human surviving. I have put a roof above my head, and I know how  to deal with black and grey waters. I spent very small amount of money to get my basic supplies. I am happy when it rains, because my rain tank gets fuller. I am happy when the sun shines. I check my volt meter to see how much energy comes to my battery. Yesterday was in the 90s, and I kept my AC running for hours to cool my small place to 82 F. I feel good about life, because the nature provides so many resources for free. I feel good about myself, because I am able to survive with my own hands and brain.

I want to thank so many good friends to encourage me. With all of you, I don't feel lonely.

1 comment:

Mary Pyche said...

Hello Qiang,it's been maybe a year since I read anything on your blog, which I must say, I am very pleased to see that you are still maintaining it. So much has happened to you over the past year, sorry to hear about the living situation, and I'm excited to hear about your efforts with the "Thoreau" project. All the best of luck with your new adventure. Everything is indeed getting way too expensive. On my way driving to supper last night I saw 19 for sale signs, and I don't think it's because they are 'moving up'!