Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mathematics in Art


Do artists need math? Generally speaking, I don't know. However to myself, the answer is: Absolutely. Mathematics is a powerful tool when I run into ambiguous issues during painting practice. I'd like to run a few analysis mathematically. For instance, I try to investigate the color temperature relationship between light and shadow. I use image processing software (Photoshop) to sample out the colors in light and shadow area. I get their color coordinates so I can compare, and then plot the sampled colors on the color wheel. The result can be shown clearly. I document the analysis result in my note book for future references. My today's post is one of my color analysis. I consider I may teach some useful math to you in my future workshops.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the perfect day, beautiful I recall...U is always spelled out you. You me the stars, that's how Heaven should look at night...letting it run together gives you a stanza, one long verse to project a beautiful thought or memory.

Cquartz Finest Ceramic Coatings

growseo said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My post site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would certainly benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot! Cquartz Finest Ceramic Coatings

Unknown said...

Now the point is his likes and dislikes. If he doesn't love abstract art, there is no point wasting time. On the contrary, if he has good understanding of abstract art (whatever) he will be the happiest even if the painting doesn't come out well.

Detailing Services nyc