Sunday, November 6, 2016

"Head Study at Putney"


After my workshop ended, I painted with the Putney painters on the Saturday, Oct 29. It was a portrait painting day. We had a great model Scott. I have not painted portrait for a long time. As a matter of fact this is only my 2nd head study I did in 2016. I felt really rusty.

Unfortunately, I did not see Richard Schmid that day, but I was so happy seeing Nancy Guzik, Carol Arnold, Kathy Anderson, Stephanie Birdsall, Mark Boedges, Rosemary Ladd, John Smith, and quite a few other artists. I was so enjoyed Putney. What a legendary place it is.

2 comments:

Dale DiMauro said...

Yes it was an interesting experience in the barn where the Putney Painters convene! Such a lovely setting.
Dale

Connie Nobbe said...

I was in the Putney barn for the first time a few weeks back for another workshop. I told a student, Giovanni from Italy, to tell you hello. He said he was going to be in your workshop. Lovely portrait, Qiang.