Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"Demo at Panama City 2015 1" --- Sold

Came back from the Bahamas, stayed in Austin only one night, I have arrived at Panama City, FL. This is a very special workshop. I want to give a special tribute to the organizer of this workshop: Billie Bassette. Billie and I met in China two years ago, At that time she just completed her chemotherapy on pancreatic cancer. After returned to the States, she attended two more of my workshops, in Austin and Montgomery, then she invited me to Panama City to teach. She devoted all her energy to help other people to learn, but she herself did not make it for this workshop. She passed away last November.

I want to thank Joan Burnett for continuing Billie's work and making this workshop successful, and thanks to all the artists for coming and painting with me. This is my first demonstration. I just love that porcelain hen. She tries to hatch all the grapes. It may work. Anything can happen in art, you know.

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This IS a REAL beautiful work of art!
NICE SALE!!!!

Journeyman said...

Thanks for the moving story it illustrates the humanity you manage to show in your paintings..

linda m levine fine art said...

So sorry to hear about your student Billie. She will be watching you from another dimension... The picture is lovely...especially the vibrancy of the apple. Your work amazes the viewer.