Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Red Daisy Study 2"

Click Here to Bid

This is my second try of painting a red daisy. This flower is not as picturesque as a sunflower or a rose, but I get stubborn on it. I want to see if the ugly duckling can turn into a swan. You may have noticed that I have placed quite a few restrictions on my recent flower studies. The background is absolutely black and always a single flower. I used to have all the freedom, and my composition process is basically a "cherry picking" process. I turn to be painting similar things. Now, I have forced myself to confront unfamiliar subjects. I think my today's daisy is a little better than my previous one.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. I want to say THANK YOU. Your support makes my endeavor in art significant. I am so grateful.

3 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

Thank you Qiang for sharing your lovely paintings and processes with us! This daisy is beautiful!

Karen Eade said...

This one is just FABULOUS. Thank you for inspiring me.

linda m levine fine art said...

Daisy study #2 has improved considerably....thank you for sharing your progress with your fans.