Friday, May 21, 2010

"Distorted Mirror" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Recently, you have seen so many my demo and plein air paintings. However, painting small still life, which is the center of my art, has been neglected for a while. I finally freed some of my evenings, and resumed small paintings. I hope it is the sign that my life has started to be normalized. In this painting, I focused on doing the reflections on the steel cup. The distorted image of the apple makes an interesting shape. It is completely different from the apple itself. This makes me think. In our minds, the images of ourselves are usually formed from the reflections of the world. They are often distorted. We should always maintain a balance mind no matter how good or bad we think we are.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this one.
The orange in the apple and the blue in the cup harmonize nicely. Complimentary colours at work.

I love all your work sir.
Its nice to see you back to still life though.

Randall said...

Very nicely done. The reflection and lighting on the cup is awesome!! That seems to be the focus you intended on having. Well done!

~Kirby:)

JanettMarie said...

Sometimes, I never know if you are talking to me or to yourself in this blog. I think maybe it is to both of us!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Amazing how you can make such a beautiful work from two simple items.

CHRIS MURRAY said...

beautifully put and love this piece

Laurie G. Miller said...

Your paintings are incredibly crisp and confident. You've taken such a simple subject and made it into an extraordinary painting! Love it!

Susan Roden said...

The reflection truly glows! - beautiful...

Coffee and Carmex. ☕️ said...

Absolutely love your work. You speak so eloquently...I love to see not only what you paint, but what you say. Beautiful.

joanieART said...

Gorgeous reflections and vibrancy in an otherwise muted piece. Lovely!