Friday, November 20, 2009

"A Green Thingy" --- Sold


I haven't done any small paintings for a while. So I did one last night. When I started the setup, my mind was completely blank. Our life is so complicated nowadays. We constantly jump from one project to another, which have no relationship what so ever in between. After I shoveled my engineering stuff away and pick up my art thingy, I felt really odd and empty. "You must have an art concept before you paint". That was what I learned and taught. But sometime, I really don't have any idea. I just paint.

7 comments:

David Stanley said...

Before my wife and I were married we used to baby-sit for a family with two young girls. I can remember leaving work on a hard day thinking, "I need to see and play with two sweet little princesses tonight".. they became a little burst of color and delight on a dull, grey work-a-day landscape for me. That is what your paintings are for me now. (Though we now have three wonderful kids of our own), I often sit down at my computer, tired and cynical, and there's your email-- and I instantly brighten up, before even clicking on it. Your work has the ability to vanquish the melancholy and take one to a place of lightheartedness and tranquility. The strokes, the colors, the edge treatment, reflective light... it's all just practically edible. Thank you for your contribution of beauty to this world, and for your accompanying insight.. you truly have a gift, my friend. And your work itself is a daily gift to many.

Jo Castillo said...

I strongly second what David says. I look forward to seeing your blog every evening to find something lovely to look at. This one is full of light and shapes to delight the eye.

Art with Liz said...

Even without an idea, this is a beautiful painting.

RUDHI RĂ¼scher said...

Just paint! That's the masters way (WUWEI)... This painting shows colourfull happiness to me!

sara said...

Gorgeous color and lovely composition! Stunning!

Jeanne said...

This is gorgeous. Jeanne

Sandeep Khedkar said...

Fully agree with you on that in-between feeling w ithout the art cnncept...only that my results are not so good :)...great work!!! Thanks for sharing. A lot to learn from you.