Friday, February 3, 2012

"Old Memories" --- Not for Sale


I haven’t posted for three days. You might think I have fell in a crack somewhere during my travel. Well, I have been back home for several days, but it happened to be that this week is my technical consulting week. I changed my hat and jumped into the morning traffic jam after just a short sleep. I felt like a single actor playing many different roles on this live (or life) stage forgetting totally who I am.
Somehow I couldn’t resume my old routine of working during the daytime and painting at the night. So I didn’t paint for several days. However, I want to keep my painting posts flow, I put one of my older paintings here to share. I did this one when I was in China last November. The flashlight and boxed ink bottle are at least 35 years old. I used them when I was in high school. They brought me so many memories of the old days. I felt I am still the young boy in my mind, but I am very different now. However, those items in the painting haven’t changed much.

8 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love your work and your writing.
Please when you post this light type on a dark background use the LARGE or largest type.

silentwitness said...

Gorgeous painting, and a terrific post--thank you for sharing your thoughts and this painting. I can see why you would not offer it for sale. The 35-year old ink is probably still quite rich. It may have evaporated slightly even though it's sealed, and may be even richer now than are the new inks sold in today's market. Maybe the memories in the mind of an aging human grower richer, too, as we age?

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us.John Wintermute

sidra khan said...

Nice post! House painting Seattle

Johan said...

How long will you keep doing these technical consulting weeks?

Love the flashlight! We had a similar one at the house when I was a kid, 30 years or so ago.

Bonnie Heather said...

We ahd a flashlight like that too! I love reading your posts. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Love this painting! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.

Joanna Bingham said...

It really brought back lots of the memories! I feel like that I can smell the special scent from this old ink.