Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Bananas" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

It is my first time painting a bunch of bananas. I don't know why I didn't paint bananas before. Perhaps I was shy away from the complicated shapes due to difficult perspectives. When I painted this one I was only observe the abstract shapes obtained from measurement. It was chaotic for a while, but it started to make sense after I got the value correct. From my recent small paintings, I try to paint something I have not painted before, or not often. I try to improve my skills to paint new objects.

9 comments:

Ellen Paxton - Artist said...

I just love the simplicity of this and the one below. They are inspiring.

PAT MEYER -- said...

Why when painting this did you do a cool blue shadow to the right of the banana? It is beautiful. What colors did you use for the back ground to give the glow.

Unknown said...

You certainly have a "magic brush"! Everything you paint just takes my breath away. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Unknown said...

I admire you for striving to try new things. This is so nicely done, with the different hues in the bananas and the shadows beneath. It's a wonderful painting!

Barbara Pask said...

You can make bananas look gorgeous. Your perspective is just right with these bananas and the colors are clean and I love the thickness of the paint. Just wonderful

Dean H. said...

Love the great modulations happening in the shaded ares, Qiang!!

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Yep, I love too! You are 'free' to paint and paint and paint. This is far less detailed than what I usually see you paint but no less wonderful. :)

Brad Miedema said...

Masterful! It is an amazing painting. I love everything about it. Even the blue shadow is just stunning!

Maggie said...

This what I was talking about before. It is beautifully done. Now try a banana split!