Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Workshop Announcement: Fongwei Liu

This wonderful portrait was done by the successful young artist Fongwei Liu. His is exceptionally good so the Academy of Art University in San Francisco hired him to teach oil painting at the graduate level immediately after he received his MFA at the same school. I met Fongwei many years ago and learned a lot from him. If you like to paint portrait and figure, I have a great news for you: Fongwei will coming to Austin in May to teach a 3-day portrait and clothed figure painting workshop. To get more information about this workshop, please check Fongwei's workshop flyer and sign up.

3 comments:

Johan said...

I've been following his blog for a while now... he is indeed exceptionally good at painting.
It's a pitty I don't live in the US (and it doesn't look I will be able to fly to the US either), because I would really REALLY love to see so many works in real life instead of on my pc screen, let alone follow a couple of workshops.

Unknown said...

I wish more than anything I lived in Texas! I subscribe to Mr. Liu's art blog as well. He is such a wonderful painter.

I wish more than anything I could attend. This portrait he did is amazing!

-Yu- said...

Amazing! The portrait is gorgeous and fresh. I will definitely check out more of Mr. Fongwei Liu's works.