Sunday, December 26, 2010

"Onion Study" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

These several days, I enjoyed the true daily painting experience. I painted everyday and posted everyday. I wish I could keep my art practice like this, but my crazy life will start again after New Year. I don't think I can keep an controlled life pattern like this. I studied painting onion today emphasizing on the volume contrast. I want to generate the feeling of the mass of the onion body in contrast to the thin peels: heavy vs. light, regular shape vs. irregular shapes, Freshness vs. dryness, live vs. death. Wow!

2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Qiang- This is so good! You nailed it all. I am in awe and you should feel so wonderful to have painted this!

Jala Pfaff said...

Hi Qiang! Glad to see you still painting up a storm over here.
I thought this was a tomatillo!