Friday, December 10, 2010
I owe quite a few my friends violin paintings. Now it is the time to do some. This task was a difficult one. I did this painting with 4 sessions in two days. I still not used to paint in multiple sessions, especially the second day. Every session, I almost had to paint entire painting on top of the previous one, because I can't stand to see dry spots. I start to use a lot of medium on the second day. I think we have discussed before about painting in the second day. I should have used retouch varnish to bring back freshness, but I didn't do that. I just painted over. This painting is very dark. I am in the middle of testing new lights, and I did illuminate my canvas too bright. Oh boy, I had a lot of struggle, but the paintings comes out all right, I think.