Thursday, July 28, 2022

The last piece of sunshine


I am still wandering in the Texas wilderness. With this painting I played the game of two light sources, one warm and one cool. Many people who have seen my recent paintings made this general comment: "Qiang, that does not look like your paintings any more". I agree absolutely. It is what I mean that I have lost my identity. I often ask myself why I paint. The reason is very simple: I want to be recognized. I feel good if I have got recognized. I feel I have accomplished something. That makes my life meaningful. Painting is the second face of mine, and the paint on it is the makeup. I want to my paintings look good so I can hide my weakness in other part of my life. However, I have understood now that my ego is the biggest trap of my life. I have lost my freedom with it, and I feel the hesitation to come out of my comfort zoon. I am suffering because of all the limitations I have. I have made my art. Now it is the time to destroy it.

1 comment:

JEH said...

This is beautiful rendering of an awesome scene with much light. I am not familiar with your work but believe all different styles done by the same person are helpful and revealing. Art is an honest expression of the person within so be true to who you are and you have a winner! Your last line disturbs me. To me this painting is a job well done!