Tuesday, January 15, 2019

"Head Study 011419"


My obsession of portrait painting keeps on going. I went to life painting again yesterday. We had the same model, with whom I did "Head Study 010719" a week ago. I can see I am getting better noticeably (Don't you agree). I am much faster now, and start to have a procedure on how to paint accurate head studies. I don't want emphasize "loose" or "painterly" effects on this kind of studies. Portrait painting is totally different ball game relative to still life and landscape paintings. I also want to stay in this monochromatic scheme for a while until I really get anatomy of human face nailed.

1 comment:

George Carr said...

You are a triple threat: still life, landscape, and portrait! Can't wait to see what happens when you add color to the portraits.