Monday, February 8, 2016

"A yellow bird" --- Sold

Click Here to Purchase

I felt so great to be a student again. For quite a few years I have not taken any workshops from other artists. I was so busy teaching, and forgot that I have run out of juice. Although I am research and investigate art issue by myself, but that is not enough. Now I am at the Scottsdale Artist School taking a workshop from Derek Penix. I really like Derek's impressionistic approach of colors, and his delicious impasto brush textures. I am so happy learning from him. This is my very first bird painting.  It is not too bad. I start to feel something new.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful. You are a good student.

Adriana Guidi said...

I love this! He's beautiful!

Barbara said...

I really prefer your own style far better than that of Derek Penix. I am glad you are enjoying his workshop, but hope you return to your own style, which I find superb. I have been enjoying your wonderful paintings on Daily Painters for a long time. You are one of my favorite painters along with Richard Schmid.