Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Three Roses" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

I did this painting on Tuesday night. It felt like doing en plein air. At that evening, my son had a concert. He plays trumpet. So we went to see and cheer for his show. Due to the time constrain, I knew I didn't have enough time to paint. So I asked my wife in advance to set up something she likes. Well, She did a very complicated one for me. I didn't change anything in the setup, but painted only a small portion of it. Can I call it plein air still life even it was done indoors? Maybe not, but who cares.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely how the roses seem to stem from the darkness into light. Excellent composition. r.

Pam Holnback said...

You are so disciplined! I don't think I would have attempted anything that evening. The whites in this rose are wonderful.

Terry Daniels said...

That's some rose ownage.

Roses are difficult - they make me feel like I'm back in school learning the basics all over again.

Leslie Saeta said...

Simply stunning! And I think if you want to call it plein aire then you can!

cojxac said...

I like your paintings. I am starting painting and I am learning by doing. I hope to become a better painter like you. Bye.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Hey, Qiang, beautiful painting, as usual. I think instead of 'Plein Air' you would call it 'Alla Prima'... Glad you enjoyed your son's concert!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's beautiful and you can call it anything you like, because you are one rockin' painter!

Anonymous said...

Every one of your paintings are wonderful. Thank you for sharing them with us.