Friday, October 28, 2011

Head Study 102611

Click Here to Bid

I did another head study on Wednesday night. We had another superb model. She has ideal facial features. With such a wonderful model, I could totally rely on my observation to compensate my lacking of anatomy knowledge. I am glad that these many years of daily painting practice has given me rigorous training on how to see. This painting was predominately a value study, but a slight color suggestion have given it a totally different look. I remember I read a piece of advertisement in an airport: "Simplicity is the highest level of sophistication." I really want to my painting has that kind of taste.

10 comments:

Candylei said...

Gorgeous! You've captured so much beauty and emotions here. Love this style.

EJHamilton said...

Wow... she is stunningly beautiful, what a fantastic painting! Love it.

Pragya Tiwari said...

Lovely! It is always a joy to see your work :)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Oh boy, Qiang...you are on a roll. This is another superb head study.
I hope you consider a portrait workshop. I will be first in line!

Karen Werner said...

Stunning!

Joy thomas [artist] said...

Beautiful strok........very nice...

carol morgan carmichael said...

If I were her, I would want to buy this piece. A big wow!

Brad Miedema said...

So loose and dramatic! Amazing!

MeeLi Lee said...

Lovely!

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

Wow! Stunning and sophiticated! Keep going, I want more :)