Monday, October 10, 2011

"Color Before Light"

Click Here to Bid

I have arrived at where I was about three weeks ago. I was working on high key with a lots of colors. I always consider that light (or value) is more important than colors. However, my recent high key approaches starts to shake my foundation. We know in history how strong was the impact of the Impressionist upon the tradition. Now, I am experiencing the same impact in my personal art history. So at this moment, I put “color before light”. I see more opportunities. There are still many beautiful ways to depict nature I haven’t managed yet. But I want promise to you that my history will be very different. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Qiang, this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your work.

Sharon Rose Smith said...

As you study, I learn.

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

All your work is beautiful Qiang, you are an inspiration!

MeeLi Lee said...

I'll be following you as you make art history!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow, this is eye popping color, so lovely. It's posts like this that keep me coming back again and again. I so enjoy your paintings and especially your words. Keep the great work coming.