Sunday, February 15, 2015

"Demo at San Miguel 2015 4" --- Sold


For the 2nd plein air demo, I decided to paint a window. In San Miguel, there are so many beautifully decorated windows with flower pots. They are very painterly. I picked up one at Casa Gibson, where the workshop was hosted. It was all in shadow, so the variation in light was very subtle. I did very few window paintings before, and this is the first time I did in front of people as a demo. Many people think I am already a developed painter, but I know so well that I am still a beginner, because so many subjects I have never painted.  Now I get challenged more and more to paint something the very first time in front of many enthusiastic artists. I try to act that I am calm, but in my mind, I know I am walking on thin ice. I used a lot of palette knife work on this painting. It turned out much better than I thought.

5 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

Love the painterly strokes and color combinations! Great scene!

Teri said...

I love the palette knife work so much in this one!

Unknown said...

There is something so inviting about a door!

Carol Yap said...

You are a developed painter and a very humble soul. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting! I can see that your getting out of your comfort zone a bit and taking up some new challenges. And I agree with Celeste McCollough, there is something very inviting about the door.