Sunday, November 20, 2011

Father

The main purpose of my China trip is to see my parents. They are not in good shape. I want to see what I can do for them. My father has Parkinson’s. He has problems of walking, and requires constant attention. However within a decaying body, he still has a very alert mind. He arranged some still life designs for me, and I will paint them.


Aging is photo realistic. We have no choice but facing it. We go through all seasons of life, and eventually harmonize with the world like falling leaves. All my effort is for that day to make my leaf (and leave) with maple and ginkgo colors.

8 comments:

Paraskevi Lamprini M. said...

greetings to your father, and congradulations for his talented son! from Greece

SHUBHANKAR ADHIKARI said...

Congratulations ! Have a nice trip.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your love for your father shines in this beautiful photo of him.
I wish him peace and joy with your visit.

Jo Castillo said...

Such a beautiful photo. I'm so happy that you are visiting your parents. We look forward to the paintings from your father's arrangements.

Pragya Tiwari said...

A beautiful photograph..will make for a great painting! Hope you have a great trip and some peaceful time with your parents.

silentwitness said...

Very nice photo of your father, Qiang. I am sorry that he has Parkinsons--very difficult when the mind can work and the body cannot perform to the same level. It takes a strong person and family to handle it well. I, too, hope that someday you will paint a portrait using your wonderful photo, and I hope he is very proud of you and your many accomplishments.

Caroline Simmill said...

You are also a very gifted photographer too. This is a beautiful and sensitive photo of your dear father. I also hope you will paint his portrait soon.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Wow! What an amazingly beautiful photograph of your father.