Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Casts for Drawing

The art education in China emphasizes the training in basic skills. I was in an art supply store, and this photo showing the section of casts for drawing. In art schools, students spend significant amount of time doing cast drawing to develop the sensitivity of observations, obtain thorough understanding of perspectives and anatomy. This rigorous training lays a solid foundation for these artists. They have a plenty of tools handy for their creative processes. So it is not surprising that so many wonderful representational artists coming from this part of the world.

4 comments:

- said...

Thanks for sharing, sir. :)
I found your blog 3 days ago and I think I'll manage to read all of your blog start from now on.

Joe Pastor said...

Is there a way to order some plaster casts from China? Where can I see a catalog? I have a few and love using them in and for my art.
joepastorfineart@me.com

Joe Pastor said...

Where can I get a catalog of plaster casts from China? I would be interested in a catalog if possible.
joepastorfineart@me.com

Mitch Hedberg said...

I had no idea China's fine art training was so academic and rigorous! Would you happen to know the names of any schoools there?