Friday, September 5, 2008

"Iron Bowl" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Actually, the bowl in this painting is not made of iron, but I like the rusty color. The Iron Bowl has several meanings. To most of Americans, especially Alabamians, Iron Bowl is a football game. I don't know much about football, but I did live in Alabama for seven years. To most of Chinese, especially the Mainlanders, iron ball symbolizes the job security, because iron bowl can not be broken so it will provide food with no end. The logic is a little shaky, but you have got the idea. At this difficult economic time, an iron bowl is surely good to have.

4 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

I had to stop by and tell you this is a cool painting... love the colours... and the background... really cool

SharonWrightArtist said...

I have been following you for a few weeks now. Goes without saying that I love your paintings, but I also adore your thoughts about them. I love the Iron Bowl idea, it is fascinating.

Jennifer Young said...

I just discovered your work and really admire your brushwork and sense of the light.

Theresa Rankin said...

Another inspiring work!!

I've passed along "Brilliante Weblog" award to you, you can read more about it on my site. Enjoy.