Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"A Glass of Apple" --- Sold


I have got so many responses on my post yesterday about naming a painting. Oh boy, I have learned a lot, both linguistically and culturally. Thank you'l so much, partner (got to sound like a Texan). You know I have lived in America for more than 20 years, but English has never been stopping challenging me, but I am grateful that people are very nice to me and tolerating my broken English. Meanwhile, I also got quite a few international messages. Art is a dramatic thingy. I am making friends all over of the world.

10 comments:

Peggy Marlow said...

What a neat idea. Wonderful painting, as usual. Thanks for sending them, I am enjoying them and look forward to them.
I'm trying to use less strokes in my painting, less blending too.
Your example to follow is great.
Peggy Marlow

Marie said...

What a fun painting. It really excites the eye.

Liza Hirst said...

I like it very much, too!

Dean H. said...

I love the shadows of the rim & stem...that would be a catchy title...but I like yours better.

Theresa Rankin said...

Clever and oh so beautifully done!! I so admire your predominant use of a large brush and the simplicity it forms. Your color is always extraordinary. By the way the title is great!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

the reflections and transparancy \that you painted is wonderful

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You know, Qiang, personality goes beyond 'correct English', and one of the reasons your blog and work is so popular (beyond the US too) is that your work reflects who you are, and you are just a charming person! This morning my husband happened to be walking behind me as I surfed blogland and was looking at this post, and he stopped in his tracks and said "Wow. Now THAT's a nice painting!" This is from a guy who is overwhelmed with paintings every day - your work, your view, is captivating and intriguing. Keep going!

Dianne Mize said...

WOW!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Dude, I love broken English and I love your paintings! You Rock!

VickiRossArt said...

WOW! I personally don't care what kind of 'texan' you speak or write...your paintings are fabulous!

vickilou
an 'arkansas-talkin' artist