Saturday, September 5, 2020

"Gondolas in Venice" Phase 2


If you want to paint a good landscape, 20% is from what you know, but 80% is from what you see. However, if you want to paint a figure better, 20% is from what you see, 80% is from what you know. That maybe the reason some good landscape painters never paint figures or portraits. If you want to be a good figurative painter, Serious study and training in art schools is crucial. Unfortunately only a few art schools nowadays offer this kind of study and training. I visited Florence Academy of Art before, and really wish I can get that kind of training. I did not graduate from any art school and I am not young anymore. I must think some way to expedite my figure skills. I have some new "app" ideas, and I will develop some tools to help mediocre figure painters to excel. I know some people use projectors, It can not solve the problem completely. Without a good "knowing", a normal 3 years old child still can judge if your figure is good or bad.

No comments: