Thursday, September 3, 2020

"Gondolas in Venice" Phase 1


I am refurbishing a painting I did in 2017. I was stuck at the time, did not know how to finish. The painting was painterly and had some good parts, but there were something wrong with the color and the gesture of the main figure needed quite amount of work. It was a large one, 36" x 36". The correctness of the color relationship is crucial. I was not able to manage at the time. Now I am using my "Painter's Guide" app. I can mix color much more subtly and accurately. So color issue of large paintings will not be a problem any more.

Although my painting style is quite impressionistic, but I am always representational and realistic. If you are also a realistic painter, I recommend you attend an virtual event called "Realism Live" on October 21 - 24, 2020. The link is here (for Instagram users, please copy-n-paste: https://realismlive.com/register-now?affiliate_id=2533996). There are quite many excellent artists will share their tips. You will enjoy this great event.

No comments: