Thursday, September 17, 2020

"Gondolas in Venice" finished

 


I have finished this 36" x 36" large painting. On and off, it took me about two weeks. I have learned a lot, especially on color management on large paintings. Painting grays in the background was difficult. I don't want the paint look muddy there. It took me a few iterations to figure out. After this experience I have gained more confidence to paint large, without worrying the painting showing overworking or color getting dirty. I have gone through the transition from an alla prima painter to a true studio painter. I will summarize what I have learned and hope in the future I can share with you on how to paint large.

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful. Always interesting and a learning experience to come by your blog. Thanks.