Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"The color of blue 2" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

This my second try on doing a color design with blue. The color scheme is still analogous. I minimized the use of yellow. There are two blue I used: on the bottle I used phthalo turquoise, and on the background and the small cup I used ultramarine. My camera has a limitation. The turquoise color is not showing as strongly as the painting showing. I feel much better about this one.

I have to say I am doing a very left-brain dominated research right now. Each of the small painting I do recently is one data point for me. Song (my wife) is very concerned about me. This exercise may hurt my business (it is very scary). I have moved away from my usual style, and put on many restrictions on me deliberately. Many of you might have similar concerns just like Song does. Why are you doing this? Qiang must be crazy now. Well, my explanation is: what I am doing now just like a person want to learn ice skating. I know how to walk, but I deliberately put on those weird shoes with blades underneath. Now I can not walk. I even don't know how to stand. I have to start with baby steps. That is the hard time I am giving to myself now, because I know I will have more freedom in the future.

5 comments:

Judy P. said...

You have always made clear your journey in painting, and this is your logical, methodical next step. It is always interesting to watch.

Sergio DS said...

I love it, and I love this Kind of Blue, too.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Really love this color combination. I think the warm green at the bottom is needed against the beautiful blues. A winner!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You are on a path you have shared with us. You want to be the best painter you can be and you are showing us the pain. frustration and hard work it takes to get there. Of course, most of us think you are already there!!!!

Try adjusting your white balance on the camera for the type of light you are taking the photo in to get the turquoise to show up more.

Evhe said...

Very nice painting! Your harmony of colors works very well!
thanks for sharing!