Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Make Me Clean"

Click Here to Bid

My today's painting is one of the high key paintings that I feel satisfied. You may have noticed that my paintings are getting a little tighter lately. That reflects my recent mental uptight-ness. Now I must rely on my art to bring food on the table, so I am not as idealistic as I was before. This concern has its positive effect. It makes me paint more. However, I don't want to see my art life is completely controlled by the market. This a couple of days I lost more and more confidence on the almighty Money. Maybe that is the beginning of the real freedom. We feel bad when our dreams turn into nightmares. However on the other hand, our nightmares will wake us up, so we will realize that we have been attached so ridiculously to something so unreliable. I think this realization will be the so called "Enlightenment". I hope someday I may reach that. But, I am not there at this moment, so you have to pay if you want to buy my paintings. But I can promise you that the value of my art will not go down with the paper money.

2 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

You've got that right!

Diane Hoeptner said...

(: Great post, greatly appreciated.