Monday, January 10, 2011

"Eggplant and Radishes" --- Sold

This is my first demo painting on the workshop at HCAA Houston. Vegetables are my recent concentration. The special beauty of those everyday stuff is so exciting. They nourish our body, give us energy, and they are very appealing to our eyes as well if you examine them on a still life platform.

I want to thank HCAA, especially Jerrie Powell and Sue Jackson, for organizing my first workshop of 2011. Thank you all the artists for attending it. I really enjoyed sharing my painting approaches with you all.

7 comments:

Karla said...

This is wonderful!

Peggy Kingsbury said...

Thanks to you for the HCAA workshop. It was very well done and I am inspired!

carol morgan carmichael said...

This is a gorgeous painting. Lucky students. Wish i could participate. You are such a passionate and HARD working teacher.

Hope Cunningham Daily Paintings said...

This is a wonderful arrangement. It's very easy to get too dark when painting eggplant. I just love your edges and accents. The background color is a perfect foil for those cool reds.

Pamela Gatens said...

I always enjoy your beautiful brushwork!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

so beautifully arranged and delicately painted.

Stephanie Berry said...

I love this combo of the deep purple and the soft red of the radishes.