Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Texas Country" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid
I did this plein air painting the afternoon in the Texas Hill Country. I felt great painting outdoors, but the painting was very challenge to me. Since I have not painted much plein air. The scene was overwhelming, the colors were different. I was out my comfort zone completely. I can't use my still life approaches here. This is my first time painting cactus. I really don't know what I was doing. I let my intuition take the lead. My colors were undefined, and my composition was accidental. I just simply paint. So if you feel you don't know how to paint something, you just simply paint.

10 comments:

Trudy R. Gomez said...

As a native texan, I love your interpretation of our landscape. Somewhat surreal and peaceful rendition.

Kathryn Grider said...

I love this painting....I am amazed that you made a propane tank look so appealing! beautiful.

Hope Cunningham Daily Paintings said...

You have created a wonderful sense of light and atmosphere. I can tell what time of day it is when I look at the painting.

Dusty Pines said...

that's just how i felt the first time i tried plein air painting! so much input, so many colors . . . but you've done a lovely job of it in this one - just enough detail & delicate light . . . thank you!

Marcos Mateu said...

Great as usual!

V. Deshmukh said...

Wonderful bold painting. Nice rich and warrm colours. Very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Daria said...

Lovely - I think when one is not familiar w/a subject one observes it with keen insight, creating fresh, pure impressions w/paint - This piece proves it!

silentwitness said...

I also enjoy the freshness of results when artists step out of their comfort zones, and try new methods. You have done a beautiful job in this painting!

Unknown said...

Really nice work. You and Mario Zampedroni are myfavourite painters: http://zampedroni.com

I will come back soon to see more paintings!

Randall said...

Awesome oil painting Qiang!! I like the light on the tank and the cactus is cool looking as well. I think I might attempt a study of my broken lawn mower outside. It might be interesting to see what I come up with, lol.

~Kirby