Friday, March 19, 2010

"New Sweden Church" --- Sold


On Thursday morning, I joined the Plein Air Austin group and painted this beautiful church. It was so wonderful painting with PAA again. I was a member for many years, but have not been active for a long time. This paint out was arranged by my friend Robert. As a matter of fact, he scarifies quite a bid finding this location. Several years ago. Robert was bicycling near Manor, Texas. He had a bad fall on a country road and lost two of his front teeth. With a blood covered face, he stood up and found this beautiful place. "What a painting it is!" Robert thought. Now he is back and with many artists coming with him. I felt quite good about what I did. The greys work nicely. I appreciate so much that many friends sharing their grey recipes with me. I can't wait to try them all.

15 comments:

Jennifer McChristian said...

Simply gorgeous! Those lovely neutrals enhance the warms in the foreground. Great brushwork too!

Diane Hoeptner said...

A small sacrifice for the larger good! (: I love the little patch of bright on the roof. Wonderful.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Wow! Love the warm colors balanced against the greys. Just a beautiful painting.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting! The colors and temperatures are perfect. Love it!!

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful painting.

Painter and Poet Gallery/online said...

Wow! This is an outstanding painting. Wonderful colors!

Ann Rogers said...

Looks like you have already worked out your greys. This couldn't be more perfect! It's fun to see both your and Laurel's paintings of the New Sweden Church.

Dusty Pines said...

oooo - that sky - delicious . . . wow! and perfect balance between the 3 elements of sky, building, & foreground . . . wonderful! thank you!

Donna McMahon said...

I really like this one. It is such a different look from your still life work. I especially like the loose quality, soft color palette.

My World said...

nice blog

www.piyooh.com

red road studio said...

you have a wonderfully relaxed style - and that's very hard to get right! love the work - what a happy find!

Roxanne said...

...simply stunning! You paint beautifully!

Joan Breckwoldt said...

What a beautiful painting, I love your work. I saw some of your paintings in a gallery in Marble Falls and they are even more beautiful in person.
Joan

Connie Nobbe said...

I LOVE this painting. Congrats to the blessed person who won the bid for it!!! It's just wonderful!

Susan said...

This stopped me in my tracks - I love the beautiful color and wonderful brushwork!