Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Under the Coze Light"

Click Here for Purchase Information
This 12" x 16" Gallery painting took me three days to finish. I usually use value as my design tool to compose, but in this one I was testing decreasing my value contrast. The brass and the background value are rather similar. I use edge treatment and local value contrast to define the shape of the brass. I also did not use white drapery for my foreground as I use to. I have not done small paintings for a while, but I will come back to it.


Elizabeth Seaver said...

What beautiful clean color and lovely brush strokes.

Dean Grey said...

Personally, I think if you did use white drapery it would compete against the white of the plate.

Looks good to me!

The oranges and reds just pop in this painting.


cojxac said...

I just want to say that I admire the way you paint.