Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Flute Study" --- Sold


One of my collectors loaned me a flute. She hopes I can do painting of flute someday. I thought about this project for a long time. I found my usual approach didn't work well with this elegant and intricate instrument. It is very different from painting flowers. I have to follow many of my engineering discipline for this painting. Now I am out of my comfort zone now and explore new territories. I am glad I did it. There is a lot of fun to give precisely designed mechanical parts a painterly look. I think I will involve high-tech stuff into my still-lifes soon.
By the way, the magazine that has the article about me is on the shelf of major bookstore now. I hope you enjoy reading it.

11 comments:

dlm said...

Very cool! I like this alot!

polusladkaia said...

absolutely gorgeous. thank you for blogging and sharing your work!

WCaro said...

Super! Cold and polished silvery metal resting on velvet, that's how I see it.

Carol H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol H. said...

I am sorry about the comment deletion, Blogger is acting funny with the comments lately :-/

I love this painting, the highlights on the flute are great, and I love the color!

Pam Holnback said...

This flute is just beautiful. I love that you have a red background, a bit different for you!

Laurie G. Miller said...

Very beautifully done...thanks for sharing!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this and would like to see some more paintings along this line. Not that I don't love your masterful flower still lifes, but I know you can do anything.

alberto abril said...

Saturation perfect !!!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

The painting is wonderful. What magazine or book is the piece on you in?

Jala Pfaff said...

Very nice!