Monday, December 1, 2008

"Colors of White 2" --- Sold


I have received many comments and emails after I posted my plein air painting. Many friends shared their plein air stories with me. I really enjoyed reading them. Now my regular working week started and I lost my daylight again. So I come back to my still life studies. Similar to my previous still life painting, I try to use colors to present white. My colors scheme is purple for the shadow and blue for the light. I am sure there are other good color schemes for painting white object. If you have a good one, would you mind sharing with me?

3 comments:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I usually use purple and blue too, also pinks and all combinations of the above.

Carolyn Finnell said...

Hmmm. What color is white anyway. I quess it depends on the color of the light, doesn't it. This one and the earlier one have that cool north light, so the blues and purples (mauves, lavenders, pinks) are all there. But if the light was warmer, say a white pitcher on a white table ouside on a sunny summer day, I would probably want to move to the warmer tones of yellows and greens.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wonderful Painting.
I like to surround the white object with some color which then bounces back into the white.
I also like an all white still life to illustrate that white isn't usually white, at all.