Monday, December 15, 2008

"Oaks in a Park" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Last Saturday I went to plein air painting again. When I arrived at the small park where I did my first plein air of the year, I saw more than a dozen police cars on the parking lot. There was even a police trailer with several cages for search dogs. Later on I was told that there was a murder at large in the area. That is a part of plein air painting. You never know what you will encounter at the painting site. I did this oil sketch on a picnic table while the criminal might be lurking in the nearby woods.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh!...what a story! I absolutely love this painting. The brushstrokes are just perfect and convey a real sense of the scene.

Unknown said...

I looked carefully at this beautiful painting to see if you captured a pair of eyes or something staring back at you. Glad you did not encounter the criminal!
Judy Nocifora

Kim Carlton said...

You can't say you're not a plein air painter anymore: you've now risked your life for you art! We're glad you survived to paint another day...

Lisa Moore said...

Wow! I love your plein air paintings. I actually like them better than the still lifes. Your quick strokes and sharp edges work well with your painting. I also like the placement of your key color notes. Keep up the GREAT plein air work.

Mark Landes said...

I live in an area with many old oak trees which you have captured well. I love that they grow so slow they can grow against gravity throughout the branches.

Mark Landes said...

I live in an area with many old oak trees which you have captured well. I love that they grow so slow that the braches can grow against gravity.

Roxanne Steed said...

This is such a lovely painting- deceptively simple, yet so very strong! Yikes, what a story... glad you were able to concentrate on painting!

Making A Mark said...

My goodness - I don't normally get stories like this to go with my plein air sketches!

Great sketch BTW - especially in the circumstances!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful painting. Scary story.

Connie Nobbe said...

Darn it! I somehow missed out on a chance to bid on this one! I absolutely love this painting! Congrats to the lucky new owner!
Great job Qiang! I love your plein air work.