Friday, October 12, 2007

"Purple Flowers" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

For each still life painting, I usually spend some time to figure out a setup to convey an artistic idea. Before painting this one, I was so tired. I took nap and asked my wife (Song is her name) to do a setup for me, and I would paint whatever on my stand. Here it is. I didn't have any ideas when I started. I hope you like it. The purple flowers are from the beans we grow in our yard.

Starting from tomorrow, I will attend a 5 day workshop at the Fredericksburg, TX, offered by Gregg Kreutz. He is a wonderful still life painter. I will let you know how it goes if I can access to the Internet.

2 comments:

Magil said...

I like the new lighter backgrounds. They seem happier.

Candy Barr said...

Terrific colors! Have Song do some more set ups for you...Lovely. Have a great week in workshop. We'll look forward to seeing some examples.