Thursday, December 10, 2015

“Demo in Dallas 2015 2" --- Sold


This is my second demo. It is a rather good one. The roses are beautiful and the metals are vivid. However, I don't really feel satisfied with what I am doing nowadays. I saw so many artists, even some good ones, who keep on painting the same thing, again and again. You hardly can distinguish what have been done ten years ago to the work of yesterday. I keep telling myself, I don't want to be that kind of artist. I want to grow and progress noticeably. Well now, I am really humbled, because I find myself is exactly that kind. Why don't I paint some other flowers rather than roses, or use some new compositions? I don't have a good answer to this question.  I must admit my limitations. I don't want complain about life, about distractions, and giving excuses. The only thing I can do is keep trying.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Qiang,
your post is enlightening. I agree we tend to get in a rut.
For me it is a challenge to move on, particularly when the
subject is something we really enjoy. I love still life although
I did on site landscapes for a few years I rather hunker down
in my studio with a set up.
Your work I always enjoy.




Unknown said...

Qiang,

I love your still life work. This year though, you have worked on larger paintings, some cityscapes, landscapes, and more recently the monochromatic cityscape. They were a different side to you, and I thought how wonderful they were. The paintings you did from your China trips are great. I am inspired by your postings. Helen.