Sunday, May 24, 2015

"Wuzhen Canal 1 (Day 1)"

I have started a few large paintings simultaneously. This is one of them, size 22" x 28". It is based on a photo I took a few years ago at Wuzhen China. It is in a early color stage. It may take me a few more day to finish this painting.

I have noticed and not surprised that nowadays my online traffic to my blog has been significantly decreased. I have entered a relatively quieter time of my art career. My feeling is mixed. One side I feel I can relax a little because I don't need to reply as many emails as I did before. However, on the other side, I do felt a little lonely now. People have seen my art for so many years, their interest is no longer as high as before. It is a very understandable situation. I feel I am a lonely sailer, waving to all my friends at the port. Now the land is getting afar. I am by myself only surrounded by the vast ocean. The journey is long and unpredictable. It is beautiful and a little scary around me. What I need to do only is keeping on going, going, and going more.

4 comments:

Sajib OO said...

Well I think it has more to do with the changing of trends. People hover more around facebook rather than searching for feeds in blogger. I'm sure you get more replies in facebook than over here.

Anyways you have evolved your brain to paint not reply to queries, I presume. Nice work!

Marcela Strasdas said...

I read and enjoy your blog everyday! Lots of us are in the same vast ocean and just need to keep going!

George Carr said...

I think Sajib has put his finger on it. People's attention is shifting from blogs to facebook and other new venues on the internet.

linda m levine fine art said...

The traffic may be the same, but perhaps your followers don't feel that great need to respond to each painting. They are all lovely, they show the growth you have been seeking. They are as satisfying to your followers as they are to you. We have not abandoned you.. we just don't feel a need to remark on each creation. You have established a certain style of painting, perhaps one that is unique in the nation. Many have tried to paint as you do...and that is a tribute to the 'signature style' you have created. Breathe a bit...and don't fret. Your fan base is still loyal.